Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Trust in the Lord -- Confia en el Señor

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

My paraphrase:
Put your total trust and confidence in God,
and don’t put too much stock in your own limited perspective.
In everything you do, do it God’s way,
and he’ll smooth out the bumps in the road.

I have to trust God in everything and with everything.

I have to trust him in every situation and circumstance that life brings. I can’t trust God with the salvation of my daughters but turn around and tell Him that I’ll handle my career path on my own.

I have to trust God with everything that is in me. I can’t just trust Him up to a certain point, and then start worrying because the situation is bigger than I think God can handle. Also, I can’t start out trusting in my own abilities, and only start trusting God when I get to the end of my rope.

I can’t lean on my own understanding. I can’t think that my human viewpoint, limited by time and space and a sin nature, has all the imformation that there is concerning what I’m facing. I like the way the Spanish NIV says it: “…and not in your own intelligence.” No matter how smart I am, my intelligence is still infinitely small compared to God’s knowledge of the truth of things. I have to trust in God’s knowledge and wisdom, knowing that He has the eternal perspective on things, that He is looking at the big picture.

In everything I do, I have to acknowledge God. Not just acknowledging the fact that He exists, not just kind of looking over to the side and ackowledging His presence, saying, “Hi, God. Glad You’re here.” But acknowledging that He is God, that He is the King of the universe, that He has supreme knowledge, that His way is best. And I can best show that I acknowledge that His way is best by doing things His way.

When I trust God completely in every area, when I don’t rely on my own limited understanding of things, and when I ackowledge God’s greatness by doing things His way, then He will make the path straight and plain. In the Spanish NIV, the verb used here is “allanará”, which is the word used to describe leveling the ground to make it smooth, like leveling a lot before beginning construction on a building. I’m not claiming that as disciples of Christ we won’t encounter obstacles, trials, and speed bumps in our path. But when we follow the Word of God given in these verses, we don’t have to worry about them or fear them, because we know God will get us over, around, or through them. He’ll give us the grace and faith to serve as “shock absorbers” to deal with those potholes and speed bumps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proverbios 3:5-6
Confia en el Señor de todo corazón,
y no en tu propia inteligencia.
Reconócelo en todos tus caminos,
y él allanará tus sendas.

Mi paráfasis:
Pon tu confianza total en Dios,
y no tanto en tu propia perspectiva limitadad.
En todo lo que haces, hazlo en la manera que Dios manda,
y El hará los topes en el camino más suaves.

Tengo que confiar en Dios en todo y con todo.

Tengo que confiar en El en cada situación y circunstancia que la vida me trae. No puedo confiar en Dios para la salvación de mis hijas, solo para dar la vuelta y decirle que voy a manejar mi carrera yo mismo.

Tengo que confiar en Dios con todo lo que hay en mí. No puedo solamente confiar en El hasta cierto punto, y después empezar a preocuparme porque las circunstancias parecen ser más grandes de lo que you creo que Dios pueda manejar. Igualmente, no puedo comenzar confiando en mis propias habilidades, y sólo empezar a confiar en Dios cuando llego al final de mis recursos.

No puedo poyarme en mi propio entendimiento. No puedo creer que mi punto de vista humano, limitado por tiempo y espacio y una naturaleza pecaminosa, tiene todos los datos que hay relacionados a lo que estoy enfrentando. Me gusta como la NVI en español lo dice: “…y no en tu propia inteligencia.” No importa que tan inteligente soy, mi inteligencia es infinitamente pequeña comparada con el conocimiento que Dios tiene de la realidad. Tengo que confiar en el conocimiento de Dios y Su sabiduría, sabiendo que El tiene una perspectiva eterna de las cosas, que El está mirando el retrato grande.

En todo lo que hago, tengo que reconocer a Dios. No es solamente reconocer que El existe. No es mirar a un lado y reconocer Su presencia, diciendo, “Hola, Dios. Me alegro que estás aquí.” Es reconocer que El es Dios, que El es Rey del universo, que El tiene conocimiento supremo, y que Su manera es mejor. La mejor manera en que puedo reconocer que Sus caminos son mejores es a través de hacer las cosas a Su manera.

Cuando confío en Dios plenamente en cada area, cuando no me apoyo en mi propio entendimiento limitado de las cosas, y cuando reconozco la gradeza de Dios a través de hacer las cosas a Su manera, entonces El hará que mis sendas seans derechas y planas. “Allanará” es el verbo que se usa para nivelizar un terreno y hacerlo plano, como antes de comenzar construcción de un edificio. No estoy diciendo que como discipulos de Jesucristo que nucan vamos a enfrentar obstáculos, pruebas, y topes en nuestro camino. Pero cuando seguimos la palabra de Dios que encontramos en estos versículos, no tenemos que preocuparnos por ellos ni temerles, porque sabemos que Dios nos levantará encima de ellos, nos enseñará como sacarles la vuelta, o simplemente nos tomará de la mano mientras pasemos por ellos. El nos dará la gracia y la fe que sirven como amortiguadores para lidiar con esos pozos y topes.

No comments:

Post a Comment