Friday, February 5, 2010

Fly Like an Eagle - Volar Como una Aguila

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

It’s so easy to get caught up in the busy-ness and concerns of our jobs, family activities, studies, and ministry responsibilities. It’s easy to lose our focus, and instead of keeping our eyes on the goal, which is Jesus, we end up looking at our circumstances. Like Peter, when we take our eyes off the Saviour and rely on our own abilities and understanding, we feel like we’re drowning.

When I find myself not knowing what to do, feeling like there’s no hope for my situation, I need to trust in the Lord. I need to slow down, take a deep breath, and then use that breath to sing praises to God. When I wait for God’s timing instead of trying to do things according to my own plans, He will lift me up and restore my strength.

--------------------------------------------------

Pero los que confían en el Señor renovarán sus fuerzas; volarán como las águilas: correrán y no se fatigarán, caminarán y no se cansarán. (saías 40:31)

Es tan fácil envolvernos en los asuntos y preocupaciones de nuestors trabajos, actividades familiares, estudios, y responsabilidades ministeriales. Es fácil perder nuestor enfoque, y en lugar de mantener nuestra mirada en la meta, que es Jesucristo, terminamos mirando a nuestras circunstancias. Como Pedro, cuando quitamos nuestros ojos del Salvador y contamos con nuestras propias fuerzas y entendimiento, sentimos que nos ahogamos.

Cuando me encuentro en una situación que no sé que hacer, sintiendo que no hay esperanza para mí, necesito confiar en el Señor. Necesito tomar mi tiempo, inhalar profundamente, y usar ese aliento para cantar alabanzas a Dios. Cuendo espero el tiempo de Dio en lugar de tratar de hacer las cosas segûn mis propios planes, Él me levantará y restaurará mis fuerzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment